Your Wedding. Your Way.
If you’re looking for a memorable, stress-free, and affordable way to marry the love of your life, look no further than right here.
Mike Beato is a wedding officiant based in Buffalo, NY. He’s a registered non-denominational minister in the Universal Life Church. If you’re seeking a wedding officiant who will tailor your ceremony to truly reflect your vision, Mike is the perfect choice. With him, it’s always “Your Wedding, Your Way!”
Maybe you don’t want, can’t have, or can’t afford a traditional church wedding, but you still need someone to legally officiate your ceremony.
That’s where I can help.
I’m based in Buffalo, New York but am happy to travel anywhere for your wedding. I’d love to talk with you if you’re looking for a traditional, religious, spiritual, secular, unconventional, or LGBTQ wedding ceremony!
Marriage is for everyone in love, as it should be.
Loving couples come from different backgrounds and faiths – or sometimes no faith at all. My personal wedding ceremonies are designed to be respectful to all. I am happy to work with you to create a personal, caring ceremony that meets your own specific desires.
Unfortunately, some religious institutions have arbitrary rules about who they will and will not marry, and even where they’re willing to perform a wedding ceremony. I welcome diversity and loving creativity in weddings. I believe:
- The lack of church membership or religious affiliation should not be a barrier to getting married.
- It doesn’t matter if one or both individuals are divorced and their marriage was not annulled.
- Blending different faith traditions can be a wonderful way to build a life together.
- Indoor, outdoor, and themed weddings can be beautiful. The only restriction is your own imagination.
- You should marry who you love. I fully support marriage equality and embrace same-sex weddings.
My ceremonies are relaxed, personal, and customized to a couple’s requests. I offer these types of weddings:
- Secular (non-religious)
- Vow Renewal
- Vow Renewals
If you’re ready to plan your wedding, please fill out this questionnaire so that we can create a truly memorable wedding ceremony for you!
For destination weddings, there’s a growing trend for couples to have a simple wedding ceremony before the trip to eliminate complications and legal issues with remote locales or countries. If this is something you’re planning, I would happily officiate your wedding before your travels begin.
“My wife and I were searching for a celebrant to perform our wedding recently when a mutual friend mentioned that Mike Beato was recently ordained. We arranged to meet with Mike and realized from that initial introduction, Mike was the person we wanted to perform our intimate outdoor wedding ceremony. When we met, Mike asked pertinent questions, took notes, listened to our desires and offered suggestions.
On our wedding day Mike was the utmost professional. He was fully prepared and dignified. Mike was simply the best! We highly recommend Mike as a Professional Wedding Celebrant.”
Peggy & Brian
“Mike’s been a friend for 30+ years, and we were so excited to hear he’d become ordained. He was the perfect person to perform our wedding! He was organized, he did his homework (asking us in detail what we wanted, didn’t want, etc.) and he made our small, outdoor ceremony intimate, personal and perfect.”
Nancy & Bobby
Classic Wedding Ceremony
Priced at $300, this package offers a dignified and timeless ceremony experience. It includes a professionally crafted script featuring traditional vows and readings if desired. Ideal for couples seeking a straightforward yet elegant ceremony. This option delivers a tasteful and memorable event without requiring extensive customization.
Tailored Wedding Ceremony
With pricing starting above $300, this premium package provides a highly personalized and unforgettable experience. In addition to a customized script, this package offers a range of exclusive options not included in the Classic Elegance Package. These may include:
- Travel Expenses. Wedding locations outside of Western New York may result in additional charges.
- Personalized Vows. Work closely with the officiant to craft vows that capture your unique love story.
- Custom Rituals. Incorporate personalized rituals to add unique elements that resonate with you as a couple.
- Rehearsal Attendance. The officiant will be available to attend and guide the rehearsal, ensuring a seamless flow on your wedding day.
Contact me with more information and to discuss potential dates.